January 14, 2010
>How You Can Do More Than Vote to Help GLSEN Win $1 Million
>Cross posted at blog.dayofsilence.org
We’re only a few hours away from the start of voting (Friday, Jan. 15-Friday, Jan. 22) in Chase Community Giving, a campaign through Facebook to award $1 million to the charity with the most votes out of the 100 finalists. Five runners-up will receive $100,000.
We need your help to make sure our Big Idea for $1 million (to send a GLSEN Safe Space Kit to every middle and high school, public and private, in the country) is realized.
Because every LGBT student deserves a safe space in school, here’s how you can help:
- Tell Your Friends: Make sure you update your status to say you’ve voted. Tweet, message, call, text, email, yell at your friends to vote for GLSEN and our partners Matthew Shepard Foundation and The Trevor Project.
- Join the Facebook “Vote for GLSEN” Event: A good way to show your support before voting even begins.
- Post to other Facebook Pages, Groups, Users: Make sure your pages, groups and friends all know about the chance to vote for GLSEN and help send a Safe Space Kit to every middle school in America.
- Comment on Blogs and Message Boards: Every mention helps.
- Hashtag: Use #VoteGLSEN and #ChaseGiving in all of your tweets.
- Change Twitter Website or Bio: Add http://tinyurl.com/voteGLSEN to your Twitter accounts.
- @Tweet Celebs: Ask celebrities and people with lots of followers to mention @GLSEN, @MSFerasehatenow and @TrevorProject
- Share Your Thoughts: Comment on this blog post about why you are voting for GLSEN and any other ideas you have to help spread the word.