Three Weeks until Ally Week!
You’re getting this email because you signed up to participate in the 6th annual Ally Week, October 18-22, 2010. Each week leading up to Ally Week we send you helpful organizing tips to help you plan and coordinate your Ally Week activities. Make sure to read through the whole email so you have the most up-to-date information!
The Next Step
Once you know what your group is doing for Ally Week, it’s time to let everyone know! Split up outreach tasks among your team members so that you each can contribute to getting the word out.
- Register: Make sure all the members of your team also register their participation at www.studentorganizing.org.
- Faculty Support: Ally Week is a student-led action, but school staff and faculty can still be involved. Educators can help you build your support for your Ally Week activities. Make sure to talk with supportive staff members early and let them know how they can support your organizing! And see NEW Ally Week Educator resources below!
- Posters: Design posters to put up around school. Make sure to include the name of your club, the date of the event and contact info so people can get involved. And you can hold a party to design posters as a group. Don't have time? You can buy Ally Week posters at the GLSEN Store.
- Follow Up: Make sure to have short meetings with your Ally Week Team every week. Can’t meet in person? Set up Yahoo or AIM chat to keep in touch and stay on top of tasks!
- And don’t forget to schedule a Team meeting for next week!
If you have any questions or ideas, or if you want to tell us what you’re planning for your Ally Week please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.