Four weeks until Ally Week!
Ally Week is quickly approaching! Each week leading up to Ally Week we will be sending you helpful organizing tips to help you plan and coordinate your Ally Week activities.
We recommend you start planning for your Ally Week soon if you haven’t already. For this week focus on laying the groundwork for your organizing.
- Register: Go to www.studentorganizing.org to register your participation in Ally Week so you can get a free packet of buttons, stickers and more! If you've already registered, make sure your address is up-to-date!
- Gather Information: Find and print resources to help you start your planning and begin a discussion with the advisor of your GSA or student club, or another trusted faculty member. Get resources from AllyWeek.org/action.
- Get Permission: Your Ally Week is likely to be more successful if the school approves of your activities. Research and follow the proper protocol for approving an activity at your school. Ask your supportive staff member to help. You can download a sample letter for your administration here [DOC].
- Build a Team: Find peers who want to contribute. Talk to members of your GSA and/or other allies. Tell them about Ally Week and ask if they would be interested in getting involved. Make sure to check out the resources about building coalitions at www.allyweek.org.
- Schedule for next week: Make sure to schedule a Team meeting with your supportive faculty member and interested students for the upcoming week to keep making progress!
If you have any questions or ideas, or if you want to tell us what you’re planning for your Ally Week please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.